Electronic Computing Device Agreement and Use Policy
- Must be a currently registered Savannah State University student.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Must have a current SSU ID Card.
Conditions of Use:
- Only one electronic computing device (ECD) per person may be checked out at a time. ECD are available on a
first-come first-servebasis as logged in the reservation system. Students may sign up on waitinglist when all unavailable.
- Checkout and Return times are only available between the hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Must be responsible for the safe and timely return of the borrowed ECD to the Helpdesk.
- The borrower who signed the Loan Agreement must be the one to return the borrowed ECD.
- ECD borrowing privileges will be suspended for the remainder of the academic year if the borrowed ECD is not returned on time.
- ECDs returned late will be assessed the following late fees, plus an additional $5 a day for every day it is late:
- Latitude, Vostro - $ 800
- Chromebook - $250
- MAC - $1000
- Personal software may not be loaded onto the laptop computer.
- It is highly recommended that all personal files be saved on a USB Flash Drive. Any files created and saved on the ECD are automatically erased when the PC is turned off.
- SSU is not responsible for any files left on any ECD or for loss of or damage to a user's files during the loan period.
Borrowermust abide by all university, state and federal policies and laws regarding the appropriate use of university network and computing resources.
a ECDis issued, annotate any damage on the form and ensure that the ECD is functioning properly.
- If equipment is stolen, notify the SSU Campus Police and the Helpdesk ECD Loaner Program staff so that a police/security report may be completed.
- DO NOT loan to anyone else.
- SSU reserves the right to freeze the asset.
The Student accepts full responsibility for the ECD during the loaner period.
Student signature acknowledges the agreement was read and