Student Support Service Desk
Laptop Loaner Programm
To further enhance the student's educational pursuits, Laptop Loaners are available for checkout to any currently enrolled Savannah State University student in good standing.
Summary of Program:
All Laptops must be registered on-line. Checkout and return times are available between the hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Prior to checking out a laptop computer, you must:
Read and understand the Electronic Computing Device Loan Agreement and Use Policy. You will be required to sign loaner agreement form at check-out. Provide a current and valid SSU Student ID card.
Laptops will not be distributed to anyone not providing their SSU Student ID.
Borrowers are financially responsible for:
Full replacement cost of all laptop loaner devices and peripherals checked out if lost, damaged, or stolen during the checkout period or full cost of repairs, if repairs are necessary due to damage, including damage caused by spillage from food or beverage.
Any costs or fees that are accrued due to usage or negligence under this agreement must be paid immediately. A hold will be placed on the borrowers SSU student account until the balance is paid. The borrower cannot register, receive grades, or a transcript until the balance is paid and the hold is cleared.
Systems not returned within 24 hours of the agreed upon return date will be considered stolen and notification to SSU Campus Police. A hold and a fee will be assessed to your Student Account. Individual cases may be referred to Student Affairs for disciplinary action.
- Laptops computers will be available for checkout for a maximum period of 45 days to SSU students in good standing with the university.
- Laptops are made available to the student on a first come first served basis. Checkout and Return times are only available between the hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Laptops returned late will be assessed the following late fees, plus an additional $5 a day for every day it is late:
- Dell Latitude, Dell Vostro, MACs
- Never leave the laptop unattended while it is checked out to you.
- DO NOT loan to anyone else.
- It is highly recommended that all personal files are saved in OneDrive/Google Drive/Dropbox. Any files created and saved on the laptop are automatically erased when turned off.
- SSU assumes no responsibility for files stored on the hard drive or on the laptop's peripheral components.
- Personal software may not be loaded onto the laptop computer at any time.
- Violation of the above guidelines will constitute grounds for refusal of future service and/or disciplinary action.
- SSU reserves the right to freeze the asset.
- Reserve Laptop online
- Come to the Service Desk for pickup
Service Desk (912) 358-HELP (4357)
- Length of checkout
Maximum 45 days
Returned before or between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on due date.
- Conditions of loan
- Current SSU student
- Must have a current SSU ID Card
- Read & sign loan contract
- Return on due date
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Return laptop in good condition/same condition when loaned.
- Used when all laptops are checked out
- Laptops will be held for one day only
- If a student fails to pick up the laptop it will go to the next person on the wait list. If no names are on the wait list the laptops will go out to the next person who requests one.
Dell Latitude E-4300