The Faculty Senate is a representative body which is responsible for faculty participation in University planning and governance. The responsibilities and by-laws of the faculty senate can be found in the Faculty Handbook.
Participation in the faculty governance process, on committees, in the Faculty Senate, etc. helps to improve this University and to protect faculty rights.
The Executive Committee is the elected leadership of the Faculty Senate and the channel of communication between the Senate and the University administration. It consists of the Vice Chairperson, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Parliamentarian, and Logistics Officer.
Cheryl Davenport Dozier, President
Jenni Halpin, CLASS, Vice-Chair
Kisha Cunningham Aites, COE, Recording Secretary
Andrea L. Moore, COST, Corresponding Secretary
Andrew Mudrinich, COBA, Parliamentarian
Susanne Toney, COBA, Logistics Officer
Standing Committees of the Faculty Senate include the:
- Executive Committee
- Committee on Committees
- New Programs and Curriculum Committee (NPCC)
- Faculty Affiars Committee
- Evaluation Committee
- Faculty Development Committee
- Faculty Handbook Committee
- International Students, Programs and Activities Committee
- Library and Education Media Committee
- Student Affairs Committee
- Academic Calendar Committee
- Distance Learning Committee
- Scholarship Committee