The Faculty Senate is a representative body responsible for faculty participation in university planning and governance. The responsibilities and by-laws of the faculty senate can be found in the Faculty Handbook.
Participation in the faculty governance process, on committees, in the Faculty Senate, etc., helps improve the university and protect faculty rights.
The Executive Committee is the elected leadership of the Faculty Senate and the channel of communication between the senate and the university administration. It consists of the vice chairperson, recording secretary, corresponding secretary, parliamentarian and logistics officer. Chairperson of Faculty Affairs Committee is non-voting member of Executive Committee.
Kimberly Ballard-Washington, SSU Interim President
Kisha R. Aites, COE, Vice-Chair
Andrea L. Moore, COST, Recording Secretary
Geoffrey Bowden, CLASS, Corresponding Secretary
Andrew Mudrinich, COBA, Parliamentarian
Patrick Morgan, Library, Logistics Officer
TBD, Faculty Affairs Chairperson
Standing Committees of the Faculty Senate include:
- Executive committee
- Committee on committees
- New programs and curriculum committee (NPCC)
- Faculty affairs committee
- Evaluation committee
- Faculty development committee
- Faculty handbook committee
- International students, programs and activities Committee
- Library and education media committee
- Student affairs committee
- Academic calendar committee
- Distance learning committee
- Scholarship committee