- Vehicle Driver Acknowledgement Form
- Vehicle Driver Safety Tips
- Driver Notification Form
- Supervisor Accident Follow-up Checklist
- Motor Pool Vehicle Request Form
- Local Travel Motor Vehicle Request Form
- Bus/Mini-Bus Reservation Form
MOTOR POOL RENTALS
All employees and units of Savannah State University are affected by the University's Vehicle Usage Policy and must have read and understood the requirements of the policy to have an assigned vehicle, use any of the vehicles owned by the University, or to rent a vehicle utilizing University funds.
Note: All University Employees using University Vehicles and/or renting vehicles that are paid with University funds, should familiarize themselves and comply with the University's Vehicle Use Policy.
Procedures for Reserving and Using a Motor Pool Vehicle
Requesting a Vehicle
To request a vehicle, a SSU employee must submit the following:
- Approved Travel Authorization (required for all to make a request)
- Motor Pool Vehicle Request Form (for non-local travel) OR Local Travel Motor Vehicle Request Form (for local travel)
- Driver Acknowledgement Form
These forms are available from the Auxiliary Services Parking and Transportation Office on the first floor of King-Frazier Complex, or on the Vehicle Reservation website.
The Auxiliary Services Parking and Transportation Office is open from 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. All reservation requests must be made during these hours. Requests made after these hours will be processed the next business day.
Vehicles are issued on a first come, first served basis. Departments and employees should anticipate their needs in advance and make early reservations. Sharing a vehicle is strongly encouraged for employees traveling to the same destination. Should a vehicle not be available through the Motor Pool, the requester will be directed to contact Purchasing to secure a vehicle for that trip.
|Vehicle Type||Daily Rate||Weekly Rate|
|Compact (Intermediate) - Corolla||$40.00||$240.00|
|Mid-size (Standard) Sedan - Camry||$45.00||$270.00|
|Full-size Sedan - Avalon||$48.00||$288.00|
|15 Passenger Bus||$125.00||$750.00|
Gas will be billed based on the fuel card PIN charges (see Fuel Card section below).
Cancellation policy: When departments determine they no longer need to use a vehicle previously scheduled, the department is responsible for notifying the Motor Pool Coordinator in a timely manner during normal business hours. If the Motor Pool does not receive a 24 hour notice and the vehicle cannot be reassigned, a cancellation fee of one day's vehicle rental will be assessed.
Checking-out a vehicle
Motor Pool vehicles are parked along Alexis Circle. They must be checked out during the hours of 8:00 am - 4:45 pm. Monday through Friday, except holidays. When it is time to pick up your vehicle be sure that:
- You have a valid driver's license.
- You bring the approved vehicle reservation form for the trip. The Motor Pool has a record of the approved travel authority form for the trip.
- You check the vehicle for any damage; if damage is noted prior to departure, please indicate this on the Trip Ticket that will be provided to you by the Motor Pool Coordinator.
After receiving the keys for a vehicle from the Motor Pool, check the accompanying packet for the following documents:
- Fuel Card/Wright Express Drivers Guide
- Insurance Card
- Motor Pool Procedures
- Driver Notification Form to report any vehicle incidents, tickets, etc.
- An Envelope for Key-Return and fuel card receipts
Returning a vehicle
Vehicles may be returned to Alexis Circle, King Frazier lobby between 8:00 am - 4:45 pm. Monday through Friday, except holidays.
- Make sure the gas tank has been filled immediately prior to returning the vehicle. If it has not, an additional charge for gas and labor will be assessed to the department.
- If the Motor Pool Coordinator is not available, please follow these instructions:
- Park the vehicle along King Frazier side of Alexis Circle.
- Place keys in the dropbox.
- Contact the Auxiliary Services Parking and Transportation Office at 358-3109 to alert Motor Pool staff of any mechanical problems you encountered on the trip.
- Make sure all garbage, debris and personal belongings have been removed.
- Turn off the lights, close and lock all windows doors.
- Place the keys, fuel card, and gas receipts in the drop box located near the garage door that leads to the mechanic shop.
Drivers of Motor Pool vehicles represent the University community to the general public and are expected to drive defensively, be courteous and obey all traffic laws. All drivers must read, understand, and follow the SSU Vehicle Usage Policy and the additional items found on the Trip Ticket. Drivers are also responsible for:
- Checking all gauges and heed all warnings if indicated during your trip,
- Reporting all accidents and damage to the vehicle to the Auxiliary Services Department of Parking and Transportation,
- Returning vehicles to the appropriate location on time and in a clean and presentable condition,
- Notifying the Auxiliary Services Department of Parking and Transportation if the vehicle cannot be returned on time.
A fuel card will be provided for purchases such as gas, oil and windshield wipers, etc. Do not use the fuel card in any vehicle except the one to which it is assigned. All vehicles will use only regular unleaded 87 octane fuel. This gas card is valid at most major gas stations. At the service stations, look for the Wright Express logo sticker on the gas pump, or ASK if they accept the card BEFORE refueling. There is a list of gas stations accepting the Wright Express card in the packet in the glove compartment.
Each driver (by name) will be assigned a specific individualized Personal Identification Number (PIN). This PIN can be used by the individual with any card on the account. If a card is lost or stolen, it should be reported to the Motor Pool Coordinator immediately. Upon return of the vehicle, the driver must return all Fuel Card receipts along with the key to the vehicle in the envelope provided.
Procedures for Requesting and Using Bus/Shuttles
All vehicle requests (other than rental cars) are handled by the Department of Parking and Transportation, in Auxiliary Services. These are the documents you will need to request transportation:
Vehicle Rental From Another City Or Renting For Personal Use
When traveling by air to another city, a traveler might need to rent a vehicle from an airport location. In this instance, the traveler needs to either submit an e-Procurement request for the vehicle providing the same information on the requisition as provided in the vehicle reservation form. The rates are shown below.
Renting a Vehicle for Personal Use
As a courtesy, the Enterprise branch on Skidaway will honor the State contract price for SSU affiliated persons (to include faculty, staff, alumni, etc...) renting vehicles. In this case, the renter will be responsible for sales tax and additional insurance fees.
State Contracted Vehicles Rentals with Enterprise
New rates & Available Options
Compact (Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris or similar) - $31.77/day
Standard (Pontiac G6 or similar) - $37.83/day
Full Size (Chevy Impala, Nissan Altima, Dodge Charger or similar) - $40.86/day
Mini Van (Chrysler Town and Country, Dodge caravan or similar) - $53.48/day
Standard SUV (Chevrolet Equinox, Jeep Grand Cherokee or similar) - $54.49/day
Large SUV (GMC Yukon, Chevy Tahoe, Ford Expedition or similar) - $82.27
Pick-up Truck (Chevy Colorado, Dodge Dakota or similar) - $54.54
Large Pick-up Truck (Chevy Silverado, Ford F-150 or similar) - $53.48
Cargo Van (GM Express, Ford Econoline or similar) - $53.48
15 Passenger Van (GM Express, Ford Econoline or similar) - $82.27/day
For assistance, please contact the Auxiliary Services Office at 912-358-3109