Computer Science Technology
The Computer Science Technology program includes the software aspect and hardware realm. This program promotes an extensive interdisciplinary approach to provide students a solid background. Graduates work in the fields of website development, programming, network administration and software development.
This program promotes an extensive interdisciplinary approach to provide students a solid educational background, making students marketable and prepared for employment in the following areas:
- Website developing and programming
- Programming / software development
- Installing software / end user support
- Network setup and administration
Program Educational Objectives:
The Computer Science Technology Program adopts the following educational objectives, designed to educate and improve the ability of students to become competent and creative professionals contributing effectively for fulfilling the employment needs of today and of the future. Within two to five years of graduation, Computer Science Technology graduates will be able to:
Demonstrate competency in identifying and analyzing technical problems, problem solving, design of systems and application of modern tools.
Advance through their professional career by demonstrating their ability to function in multidisciplinary teams and participate in ongoing professional development.
Express themselves effectively in both oral and written communication, understand social responsibilities, appreciate diversity, commit to continuous improvement and maintain professional competency through life-long learning.
CST Expected Student Outcomes:
Graduates of the CST program will have an ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practices based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program.