Financial Resources for Adult Learners
The SSU Financial Aid Office is the first place to start for information about grants, work-study, loans. scholarships and VA benefits to help defer the cost of attending college. The SSU Financial Aid website includes financial aid applications, eligibility and deadline information.
No matter your financial status, all adult, military, veteran and professional students are encouraged to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The form is relatively easy to complete online and permits stopping and returning to the site as needed to complete the application. Also, an assessment is usually sent to the applicant on the same day. In addition to being the first step in gauging your eligibility for grants, loans or other financial assistance, the form gathers information helpful in capturing the number of adults and military/veteran students attending SSU. This information guides the university in providing adequate services for its student population, including nontraditional students.
More SSU sources...
Other Helpful links...
- Georgia 1% Student Access Loan Program (Georgia residents)
- Service Cancelable Loans (Available to Georgia residents for "critical need" fields in military and engineering.)
- Georgia Department of Veterans Services
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Financial Aid Planning at GACollege411.org
- Financial aid for older and nontraditional students at FinAid.org
- Government benefits, grants and financial aid at USA.gov
- Military spouse resources
- Military spouse MyCAA educational program
We're here to help...
Contact us with your questions, concerns or suggestions by e-mail at eLearning@savannahstate.edu or 912-358-4161, or stop by our office in the Colston Administration Building on the SSU campus.