New Student Enrollment Checklist
New Student Enrollment Checklist is designed to make your transition into college one that is simple and successful. It's time to get started on your journey to becoming part of the Tiger family.
New Tiger - Enrollment Check List
All items must be completed before you are permitted to move into campus housing or begin classes.
1. Accept Offer of Admission
- Accept your offer of admission through the PAWS account
- Acceptance must be made 60 days from receipt of acceptance to SSU
- Submit a copy of your state-issued ID
- Submit final high school transcripts before DECEMBER 30TH (SPRING SEMESTER ENTRY); AUGUST 1ST (FALL SEMESTER ENTRY)
- All transfer and veterans students must submit all previous colleges and military transcripts PRIOR TO THE NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION OF YOUR SEMESTER OF ENTRY
2. Activate PAWS Account
- Enter SSU Student ID - ("915" Number)
- Enter PIN
- First time user? Your PIN is your birth date in MMDDYY format, example: 102869 (for Oct 28th, 1969).
- Once logged in for the first time, you will be required to change your pin to something other than your DOB.
3. Financial Aid
- COMPLETE the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- FAFSA Submission Deadlines: Spring Semester Finaid Entry, Priority Deadline: December 1st.; Fall Semester FinAid Entry, Priority Deadline: June 1st.
- View the status of your financial aid by checking your PAWS account
- (Call Financial Aid to speak with your counselor regarding your aid award)
- If selected for verification, submit appropriate documents to the SSU Financial Aid Office immediately.
4. Housing (optional)
- Submit your online Housing Application and through the Office of Residential Life.
- Pay Mandatory Housing Reservation Fee ($50)
5. Submit Immunization Form
6. Register for a New Tiger Enrollment Session
- Registration for classes with academic advisor
- Meeting with Financial Aid
- Session about tuition and student bills
- Information sessions for parents
- Savannah State campus ID
- Official final high school/college transcript(s)
- Weather appropriate, comfortable clothes and shoes
- Additional financial aid documentation (check PAWS for updates)
- Immunization records
- Pen & paper