New Student Enrollment Checklist
New Student Enrollment Checklist is designed to make your transition into college one that is simple and successful.
New Tiger - Enrollment Check List
All items must be completed before you are permitted to move into campus housing or begin classes.
1. Accept Offer of Admission
- Accept your offer of admission through the PAWS account
- Acceptance must be made 60 days from receipt of acceptance to SSU
- Submit a copy of your state-issued ID
- Submit final high school transcripts before DECEMBER 30TH (SPRING SEMESTER ENTRY); AUGUST 1ST (FALL SEMESTER ENTRY)
- All transfer and veterans students must submit all previous colleges and military transcripts PRIOR TO THE NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION OF YOUR SEMESTER OF ENTRY
2. Activate PAWS Account
- Enter SSU Student ID - ("915" Number)
- Enter PIN
- First time user? Your PIN is your birth date in MMDDYY format, example: 102869 (for Oct 28th, 1969).
- Once logged in for the first time, you will be required to change your pin to something other than your DOB.
3. Financial Aid
- COMPLETE the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- FAFSA Submission Deadlines: Spring Semester Finaid Entry, Priority Deadline: December 1st.; Fall Semester FinAid Entry, Priority Deadline: June 1st.
- View the status of your financial aid by checking your PAWS account
- (Call Financial Aid to speak with your counselor regarding your aid award)
- If selected for verification, submit appropriate documents to the SSU Financial Aid Office immediately.
4. Housing (optional)
- Submit your online Housing Application and through the Office of Residential Life.
- Pay Mandatory Housing Reservation Fee ($50)
5. Submit Immunization Form
6. Register for a New Tiger Enrollment Session
- Registration for classes with academic advisor
- Meeting with Financial Aid
- Session about tuition and student bills
- Information sessions for parents
- Savannah State campus ID
- Official final high school/college transcript(s)
- Weather appropriate, comfortable clothes and shoes
- Additional financial aid documentation (check PAWS for updates)
- Immunization records
- Pen & paper