Network Admission Control
Network Access Control
Welcome to Safe-Connect Network Access Control
Safe-Connect Network Access Control (NAC) is a network security system used to secure the campus wired and wireless networks through user authentication and policy-based traffic filtering and assessment. Safe-Connect NAC insures that only authorized students, faculty and staff gain access to our network and it provides policy assessment for every device by ensuring that computer systems meet established policy configuration requirements.
Installation is required for Windows and MacIntosh computers that are directly connected to the SSU network. Safe-Connect NAC performs the following validation checks:
- Policy Key Installation (Windows and MacIntosh Notebooks only)
- Authentication using your TigerWorld User ID and Password
- Anti-virus software and up-to-date definitions installed
- Microsoft Critical updates Installed and up-to-date
- Peer to Peer Software Installed
Allowed Devices on our network
The following is a list of approved devices that can access the SSU network:
- Apple iPads, iPhones, & MacIntosh Notebooks
- Microsoft Windows Notebooks, Tablets, & smartphones
- Android Tablets and Smartphones
- Chrome Books
- Palm Smartphones
- Blackberry Smartphones
- Nokia mobile devices
- Linux mobile devices
- Microsoft, Nintendo & Sony Gaming devices
We highly recommend that you use a wired connection versus a wireless one for your gaming consoles in order to take advantage of higher connection speeds.
Network Access Control (NAC)
Registering Gaming Devices
When connecting a gaming device to the network, the MAC (Ethernet) address must be registered for proper operation. To register your device, perform the following process:
- Connect your device to the campus wireless network.
- Obtain your MAC address from your device. For assistance with locating your mobile device MAC address, click the Finding Your Gaming MAC Address link for assistance. Since Savannah State University does not provide support for gaming devices, you may have to contact the manufacturer of your device for assistance in obtaining this information.
- Enroll your gaming device at the following link: https://auth.impulse.com:8443/enroll
- You will be notified via email of when the device is registered for use.
- For now, WIRED CONNECTIONS will not require device registration. WIRED ACCESS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FASTER CONNECTION SPEEDS. Wired connectivity for your gaming device is available in the following dorms:
- University Commons
- University Village
- Freshman Living Learning Center