Computer Services and Information Technology
Chief Information Officer |
Frequently Asked |
New SSU IT Welcome|
The mission of Computer Services and Information Technology is to provide an innovative, customer-focused, and robust foundation for information technology (IT) solutions that enable Savannah State University community to pursue excellence in research, education, and public service. CSIT seeks to establish trust with clients through professionalism, honest and open dialogue, high quality customer service, and a commitment to partnership and collaboration.
The CSIT commitment as a service organization is to support the university’s education, research, and service mission. CSIT conducts business based on the following values:
- Deliver High Quality Services – Provide high quality good services that address the needs of the campus customers
- Foster Customer Partnerships – Partner with local units to share the responsibility and accountability for reliable, customer-focused services
- Establish Understanding, Trust, and Accountability – Clarify and understand customer expectations, establish and meet timeframes, and provide a consistent and responsive approach to customer requests and feedback as prioritized by the CSIT governance structure
- Make Data Driven, Innovative, and Customer Focused Decisions – Continuously evaluate and improve the efficiency of service support, response, and decision-making within the organization.
- Facilitate Collaboration, Cooperation, and Communication – Collaborate among CSIT and various customer constituencies, encourage cooperation with customers, partners, and colleagues within CSIT and facilitate two-way communications with faculty, students, and staff
- We will always remember that our customer comes first.
- We will do it right, and do it right the first time.
- We will work in a timely and accurate manner.
- We will keep trying and learn from our mistakes.
- We will do what is right for the customer, not what is easiest for us.
- We will never say no without first investigating alternatives.
- We will continue to grow personally and professionally