- Must be a currently registered Savannah State University student.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- Must have a current SSU ID Card.
Conditions of Use:
- Only one electronic computing device (ECD) per person may be checked out at a time. ECD are available on a first-come first-serve basis as logged in the reservation system. Students may sign up on waiting list when all unavailable.
- Checkout and Return times are only available between the hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Must be responsible for the safe and timely return of the borrowed ECD to the Helpdesk.
- The borrower who signed the Loan Agreement must be the one to return the borrowed ECD.
- ECD borrowing privileges will be suspended for the remainder of the academic year if the borrowed ECD is not returned on time.
- ECDs returned late will be assessed the following late fees, plus an additional $5 a day for every day it is late:
- Latitude, MACs, Minis: $100
- iPods: $50
- Personal software may not be loaded onto the laptop computer.
- It is highly recommended that all personal files be saved on a USB Flash Drive. Any files created and saved on the ECD are automatically erased when the PC is turned off.
- SSU is not responsible for any files left on any ECD or for loss of or damage to a user’s files during the loan period.
- Borrower must abide by all university, state and federal policies and laws regarding the appropriate use of university network and computing resources.
- When a ECD is issued, annotate any damage on the form and ensure that the ECD is functioning properly.
- If equipment is stolen, notify the SSU Campus Police and the Helpdesk ECD Loaner Program staff so that a police/security report may be completed.
- DO NOT loan to anyone else.
- SSU reserves the right to freeze the asset.
Student accepts full responsibility for the ECD during loaner period. Student will reimburse Savannah State University for the cost of repairing or replacing this ECD if it is damaged, lost, stolen or not returned while on loan. Student understands that the replacement cost for this ECD will be the actual cost associated with replacing it at current prices for the same model (or similar if same model is not available)
Student signature acknowledges the agreement was read and student understands conditions of Use listed above.