Where and When You Can Eat on Campus
We have three dining options on campus.
- Tiger Dining Hall, King-Frazier Student Center
- Tiger Express Diner
- Student Union Food Court
Regular Operating Hours (FOR ALL LOCATIONS)
What You Can Eat
- Dining Hall Menu (Note: May be subject to change based on product availability or for special promotions.)
- Freshens Smoothies and Yogurt
- Tiger Express Diner Menu
- Austin Grill Menu
- Chicken Shack Menu
- Tiger Deli Menu
- Starbucks Menu
- Corner Cafe ("We Proudly Brew Starbucks")
Events and Special Promotions
Our Sunday dinners are created with family and home in mind. Our Chef has put together very special meals -- carved beef, ham, or turkey with all the trimmings. Just like Mama and Grandmama used to make.
All resident students at SSU are required to have a meal plan during Fall and Spring semesters. Meal plans for 2013-2014 are as follows:
20-meals-a-week (Optional for freshman resident students) - $1,943.00
15-meals-a-week + 200 dining dollars per semester (default for freshman residents) - $1,943.00
14-meals-a-week (Optional plan for all other resident students; may upgrade to 20-meals-a-week) - $1,359.00
10-meals-a-week + 200 dining dollars per semester (default for all other resident students) - $1,359.00
Freshman residents are those with fewer than 30 earned credit hours.
In order to choose a meal plan other than the one that you have been assigned, please use the Meal Plan Options Form.
MealPlanOptionsForm 201402 Meal Plan changes must be made by 3:00 pm the first Friday of Classes.
For further information about the meal plans, please see page 4 of the Auxiliary Services booklet.
Students with an off-campus job or a medical condition who cannot be accommodated by Dining Services may apply for a meal plan reduction at the Auxiliary Services Office (For meal plan reduction, review and sign the Off-Campus Employment & Medical Meal Plan Reduction Policy; and, complete, if applicable, the Physician Statement for Meal Plan Reduction/Exemption form).
Commuter Meal Plans are available for students who do not live on campus, but wish to take advantage of the plan savings and to have the meal plan charged to their student account.
Commuter meal plans are non-refundable and expire at the end of the semester.
- 10-meals-per-semester - $68
- 25-meals-per-semester - $167
- 25-meals + 100 dining dollars-per-semester - $267
- 50-meals-per-semester - $315
- 100-meals-per-semester - $549
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff may purchase meal plans based on the commuter meal plan prices.
- 10 meals per semester -- $68
- 25 meals per semester -- $167
- 25 meals + 100 dining dollars per semester -- $267
- 50 meals per semester -- $315.00
- 100 meals per academic year (fall and spring) -- $650
This is a savings over the casual rate that is paid at the door. Instructions are on the Faculty/Staff Meal Plan Application form. Meal plans may be purchased at the Cashier's Office with cash, check, credit card, or by payroll deduction.
Catering at SSU
- SSU Catering Services specializes in creative and exceptional catering presentations. Our catering guide is available for your review. Keep in mind that this is just a guide. Should your plans include items or selections not listed, we will be happy to customize menus for you
- SSU has a Catering Exclusivity/Donations Policy in force at all times. Please familiarize yourself with the policy
- If you are having a catered event or if you are an athletics coach arranging for a team meal, it is important that you follow the Catered Events and Team Meals procedures.
- All events that are to be charged to an SSU department or office must be accompanied by an Auxiliary Special Events Form
Questions or Comments
Please contact us if you have questions or comments about SSU Dining:
Joe Davis, Resident District Manager of Food Services, Thompson Hospitality
Jean Ann Caywood, Director of Auxiliary Services, Savannah State University
Bobbie Owen, Manager of University Events, Savannah State University
Or Contact a member of the Food Services Committee