Need help juggling your responsibilities?
The Counseling Center provides free, confidential, personal counseling and support to all students at SSU. We know that college life is a transitional period marked by change, pressure and stress. Therefore, our goal is to help students understand this period, find ways of coping and grow from their experiences.
All SSU student interested in arranging an appointment can call (912) 358-3129 between 9:00am and 3:00pm Monday - Friday. Walk-Ins are also welcome, but must yield to those with appointments. Student Affairs staff members are on call in case of an emergency
To provide developmental, remedial, educational, preventive and consultative/training services which will assist students to grow and experience personal and academic success within the educational framework.
Counseling Learning OutcomesStudents who receive counseling services should, upon completion of required sessions be:
- Able to do positive and realistic self appraisal
- Able to recognize triggers and obstacles that hamper goal achievement
- Able to demonstrate healthy help seeking behaviors
- Able to develop personal goals and objectives to address problems or concerns
- Able to articulate what confidentiality is and identify at least one exemption to absolute confidentiality
- Able to use at least one community resource
- Linked to appropriate referral services as needed
- Able to learn how to choose behaviors and environments that promote health and reduce risk
- Able to identify personal skills and strengths to use in problem solving
The Counseling Center is located on the 2nd Floor of the King Frazier Complex, Room 233.