Student Support Services Eligibility
To participate in Savannah State University's Student Support Services project, a student must :
- be a United States citizen or national or meet the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance;
- be enrolled at SSU or accepted for enrollment in the next academic term;
- have a need for academic support; and
- satisfy at least one of the eligibility criteria displayed below
- low-income (based on federal standards)
- first-generation college student
- documented disability
Participant Eligibility for Grant Aid
According to federal regulations that apply to Savannah State University's Student Support Services program, Supplemental Grant Aid must first be awarded to program participants who are in their first two years of post secondary education, before awarding aid to participants who have successfully matriculated beyond year two.
Federal regulations also require program participants to be (a) a recipient of Federal Pell Grant the term (or semester) Grant Aid is awarded and (b) at high risk of dropping out of college.