GEAR UP Program
Gaining Early Awareness And Readiness For Undergraduate Programs
Savannah State University Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP) is funded to serve 500 students at Beach High School . GEAR UP is unique from other federal pre-college programs because it requires in-kind commitment from local community partners. GEAR UP's primary partners include Savannah State University, Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools, Parent University, St. Joseph's/Candler Hospital, Explore Colleges and State Farm.
- Increase participant's academic performance and preparation for post-secondary education.
- Increase the high school graduation rate and enrollment of participants into a post-secondary institution.
- Increase participants' and their families' knowledge of post-secondary education options, preparation, and financing.
- Students in the grade levels served at Beach High School.
- Personal/Social Counseling
- Academic Advisement
- Study Skills
- Test-Taking Skills
- Educational/Career and Cultural Activities
- College and Technical School Visits
- Financial Aid Assistance
- Sensational Saturday Sessions
- SAT/ACT/GHSGT Test Preparation
- Assistance with College Applications
- Professional Development for Teachers
- Summer Programs
- Fee Waivers for SAT/ACT and College Application