QEP Grammar Extravaganza Workshops
Generally, people who are good writers have a positive attitude about writing. The QEP Grammar Extravaganza is designed to strengthen your writing skills, lessen your apprehension about writing assignments, and enhance your attitude toward writing. The grammar topics include, but are not limited to:
- Essay formats
- Creating effective thesis statements
- Composing accurate works cited pages or annotated bibliographies
- In-text citation formatting
- Correct usage of quotation marks
- Subject-verb agreements
- Prepositional phrases
- Transitional words and sentences
- Commonly misspelled and misused words
- Correct usage of commas, semi-colons, colons, dashes, and parentheses
Grammar Extravaganza Presentations:
Tuesday, January 21st: "Knowing the Difference"
Tuesday, January 28th: "what's wrong with this sentance?"
Tuesday, February 4th: "Let Subject and Verb Agree to Agree"
Tuesday, February 11th: "The World of Sentences"
Tuesday, February 18th: "Battle of the Vs."
Tuesday, February 25th: "Appositives and Prepositional Phrases"
Tuesday, March 25th: "Comma in to Refresh Your Brain"
Tuesday, April 1st: "Quotation Marks and Apostrophes"
Tuesday, April 8th: "Writing Numbers: Words and Figures"
Additional grammar resources:
- SSU Writing Center tutoring services
- Center of Academic Success tutoring services
- Smarthinking.com (username is your SSU email address; password is 'ssu')
- Basic grammar rules and examples