Essay-Writing Improvement Series Workshops
Generally, people who are good writers have a positive attitude about writing. The QEP Essay-Writing Improvement Series is designed to strengthen your writing skills, lessen your apprehension about writing assignments, and enhance your attitude toward writing. The essay topics include, but are not limited to:
- Finding credible sources
- Composing an accurate works cited page and annotated bibliography
- Reviewing essay formats
- Creating effective thesis statements
- Exploring the various types of paragraphs
- Using quotation marks for direct and block quotes
- Paraphrasing and proper in-text citation formatting
- Revising, Editing, and Proofreading
Essay-Writing Improvement Series Presentations:
Thursday, January 30th: "The Writing Process"
Thursday, February 13th: "Pirating Words"
Thursdsay, February 20th: "Can I Quote You on That?"
Thursday, February 27th: "Check Yourself!"
Thursday, March 27th: "The Writing Process"
Thursday, April 10th: "Pirating Words"
Thursday, April 17th: "Can I Quote You on That?"
Thursday, April 24th: "Check Yourself!"