Student Writing Fellows
1. What's a Student Writing Fellow (SWF)?
SWFs are a part of our Writing Fellows Program at the SSU Writing Center. These skilled student employees are paired with interested professors to assist with the writing in their courses. SWFs represent disciplines across the university and collaborate to:
- Design in- and out-of-class sessions on writing to benefit the course curriculum.
- Forward reminders and announcements to students via Desire2Learn.
- Administer and collect writing-related materials.
- Hold one-on-one consultations with students regarding drafts and feedback.
2. What are the requirements?
- Must be nominated by a faculty member.
- Successfully complete the ENGL 3800: Peer Tutoring course.
- Be classified as a junior or senior.