LOCK POLICY & PROCEDURES
To set forth the procedures for Institutional control of locks and to provide departments with procedures for requesting door locks and changes in lock keying to ensure that the security of campus facilities and equipment is maintained.
All locks on campus must be keyed to the Savannah State University Best master Key System. Locks in each building must be keyed to their Building Master Key System. Exceptions to this policy must be justified and approved by the Vice President for Business and Finance.
Lock/Key Change Procedures
- Prepare work order outlining work to be done.
- List the following information on the work order:
- Is the request for a new lock or lock change?
- Building for which new lock or lock change is requested
- Type of lock needed (door lock, desk lock, etc.)
- Statement as to how new lock is to be cored. (If request is made to core lock off the Grand Master System, obtain approval of the Vice President for Business & Finance before issuing work order)
- Reason for requesting new locks or changes
- Submit Work Order
- Obtain fund approval and forward request to Physical Plant. All request that involve adding hardware or that falls outside of the scope ofâ€ regular maintenanceâ€ will be required to have a funding approval before work will be performed.
- Advise departments of any special security concerns related to the lock request. Coordinate implementation. Unresolved questions will be brought to the attention of Physical Plant Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent.