ID Card Office
Due to COVID-19, the ID Card Office is on an appointment-only basis until further notice. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
SSU is now offering online photo submission for your ID cards!
Check back soon for more information!
All students residing on-campus or off-campus, including distance learning students, as well as all employees of the university and its on-site contractors, are required to obtain an SSU ID Card. In order to obtain the card, it is necessary to provide a legal picture ID such as a Military ID, State ID, Drivers License and/or Passport. It is mandatory that the SSU ID card be visibly displayed at all times while on-campus. A student's card is valid for services each semester once the student has registered for class. The SSU ID Card is not transferable; it is illegal to give your card to someone else. Only the first card is issued without a fee. Replacement IDs cost $35 each and needs to be paid before receiving new card. Payments can be made in cash and/or online through the Marketplace. DO NOT pay through your PAWS account; that payment method is not valid for ID Cards.
Lost cards must be reported immediately to the ID Card Office to prevent unauthorized use of any meals or dollars placed on the card.
Please read thoroughly the Cardholder Agreement that you will sign when you receive your ID Card, as this has additional terms and conditions related to your card.
Where to Go for an ID
In order to receive an SSU ID Card, you must attend New Student Orientation or be registered for classes and present a current photo ID.
The SSU ID Card office is located in room 199 of the King-Frazier Student Center. Hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. For questions about ID Cards, please contact the office at 912-358-3068.
If you are an online-student requesting an ID for the first time, please follow these steps.
Where Your ID Card Can Be Used
The SSU ID Card must be used as identification for many services throughout campus, such as the Health Center, King-Frazier game room, Body Shop in Willcox-Wiley, and the library. In addition, your ID card can be used for the following:
- Meal Plans.If you are a resident student, your meal plan will automatically be accessible by your SSU ID Card when housing is assessed to your account. Commuter students, faculty, and staff may also purchase meal plans that are accessible by your ID Card.
- Computer Lab Printing. Each student receives a credit of $20 per semester for use in printing in the computer labs. Printing costs $.10 for black and white and $.25 for color copies. If you use up your credit for the semester, you may put more funds on your card through the SSU Flex Fund.
- Document Center. You can pay for all copying and fax services with the flex funds on your ID Card.
- Mail Center. You can pay for all Mail Center services with the flex funds on your ID Card.
- Bookstore. You can pay for all Bookstore Items including school supplies, convenience items, snacks and beverages,as well as spirit apparel.
- Cat Bus. All SSU Students with a valid ID card may ride free or any Chatham Area Transit bus routes. Routes 31 an 12 stop near campus.
Where You Can Put Flex Funds on Your Card
You can add funds on your card by going to the PHIL, located just inside the front door of the King-Frazier Student Center (to the left of the BankMobile ATM), or in the Student Union at the machine behind the vending machine on the first floor across from the elevator. The PHIL will accept credit cards or cash. Information about terms and conditions related to card funds is located in the Cardholder Agreement that you will sign when you receive your SSU ID Card.
How to Pay for a Replacement ID Card with a Credit or Debit card
- Go to www.savannahstate.edu/marketplace
- Click the Auxiliary Services button
- Click the ID Replacement Card
- Click Add to Cart
- Click Checkout
- Select "walk in" as the delivery method
- Enter your TigerWorld username and password and your email and click login
- Enter your credit/debit card information
- Your receipt will be emailed to you and to the Auxiliary Services staff. (No need to print off a receipt)
How to Pay Cash for a Replacement ID Card
- Give your 915 number to the cashier at the Auxiliary Services payment window
- The cashier will give you a receipt of purchase to be presented to the ID Card office associate