Award Nomination Form
The form above is designed to collect only basic information about the nominee. In order for a nomination to be considered complete, this form must be accompanied by supporting material on the following:
- Outstanding service to his/her profession;
- Outstanding contributions to the general welfare of his/her community, state, nation;
- Outstanding contributions, services, etc., to Savannah State University; and
- Honors, awards, etc.
The supporting information may be documented in any of the following ways (three pages maximum):
- Brief bio;
- Summary narrative regarding significant accomplishments of the nominee;
- Articles by or about the nominee; and/or
- Other documents (awards or certificates of achievement) deemed appropriate.
Supporting documentation should be in a form that is easy to reproduce:
- All materials should be on letter (8.5 x 11) or legal (8.5 x 14) size pages.
- All materials should be on white or other light colored paper to facilitate photocopying.
A. RICHARD R. WRIGHT AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
Purpose: Honors corporate and community citizens, alumni, and outstanding leaders who have distinguished themselves through their expertise in social, educational and civic arenas.Criteria/eligibility:
- Any alumnus, member of the community, or a corporation who have worked constructively to change the community in a very positive manner.
- The recipient must have used innovative approaches in opening new avenues of awareness for the individual and society as a whole.
- The recipient must have utilized scholarly means that address the needs of the public and attempt to improve the human condition.
- The recipient of this award must be an eclectic thinker who has proven to be able to transcend self-aggrandizement.
B. CYRUS G. WILEY DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI AWARD
Purpose: Recognizes outstanding alumni who have shown extraordinary support and loyalty to the Savannah State University, and who have become exemplary examples of the lofty ideals espoused by the university. The award also extols the achievements and contributions such distinguished alumni have made nationally, regionally and locally.Criteria/eligibility:
- The graduate or former student must have a strong commitment for providing continuous support to the university and possess integrity and character.
- The recipient must be involved in working for the improvement of the university by motivating others to give moral and financial support.
- The honoree must also be involved in community affairs and efforts designed to elevate mankind through professional achievement.
- Current members of the Savannah State University National Alumni Board of Directors are not eligible and current faculty or current staff members are not eligible.
- Current members of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia are not eligible.
- A nominee should not be a contender for an elective public office. An individual who currently holds an elective public office will not be selected in a year in which he or she might be elected or re-elected.
- Nominations may be made by any member of the Savannah State University National Alumni Association, faculty or staff; or by any friend or former student of Savannah State University.
- An individual can only receive the award one time.
- Nominators must submit a completed nomination packet (nomination form plus a maximum of three pages of supporting documents):
- Completed nomination form
- Brief bio o Summary narrative regarding significant accomplishments of the nominee o Articles by or about the nominee
- Awards or certificates of achievement if applicable