What is OneUSG?
OneUSG is a system wide initiative to develop and implement a consistent approach to policies, procedures and technology solutions that benefit the University System of Georgia (USG), in an effort to reduce costs, streamline processes, and have uniform guidelines with centralized support. The first priority for the OneUSG initiative is to bring all institutions onto one system to manage USG human resources activities, benefits and compensation.
What is OneUSG Connect?
OneUSG Connect is an application that is intended to help each institution manage and maintain its workforce. The major components of OneUSG Connect – payroll services, talent management, human resources management, time and attendance, and benefits administration – are unified and integrated into a single system.
SSU will implement Phase 3 of OneUSG Connect April 2018. This phase will replace ADP and all employees will use the system to record and submit time, absences and to access, review and update personal information including direct deposit, pay stubs and benefits. Want to learn more? Download this document.
Why the Change?
There are many benefits for using OneUSG Connect:
- It’s easy to use and will automate current manual HR and benefits processes.
- It allows for Single Sign-On (SSO) using SSU credentials eliminating the need to remember a separate username and password.
- It can be used on mobile devices and will allow employees to submit and/or approve absences on the go.
- Eliminates current java issues with ADP time approval.
- It delivers faster and more efficient responses to handle issues or answer questions, which will be available through the USG Shared Service Center’s centralized support.
How Can I Best Prepare for the Change?
- Keep eye open for information in weekly Digest News emails
- Register for both lab and interactive sessions as they are made available.
- Check this webpage or the following link regularly for updates, videos, and job aids as they are made available.