Agency & Auxiliary Accounting
Agency and Auxiliary Accounting, a unit of the Business & Financial Affairs office and is responsible for all fiscal matters as it relates to agency and auxiliary accounts.
Agency accounts, classified as "Funds Held for Others", are established for temporary resources held by the University as custodian or fiscal agent for individuals or third party organizations. In addition to traditional Agency accounts described above, the University may establish Agency accounts for meetings, seminars, training sessions, and workshops to cover incidental costs such as meals, speakers, training materials, and refreshments.
An auxiliary enterprise, or auxiliary service, is defined as an activity that exists to provide a service directly or indirectly to students, faculty, or staff, and for which a fee is charged that is related to, but not necessarily equal to, the cost of the service. Auxiliary Service activities include:
- Housing Operations (Fund 12210): student apartments, residence halls, and faculty and staff housing.
- Food Services (Fund 12220): cafeterias, snack bars, and some vending operations.
- Stores and Shops (Fund 12230): bookstores, supply stores, gift shops, and uniform stores.
- Health Services (Fund 12240) health service operations with full-time staffing.
- Transportation and Parking (Fund 12250): all transportation and parking operations.
- Other Service Units (Fund 12270): golf courses, laundry services, print shops, some vending operations, and other operations that cannot be logically categorized in any other defined activity.
- Intercollegiate Athletics (Fund 12280)
It is the responsibility of the Agency and Auxiliary Accounting department to ensure that the business interests of the University are protected. In general, the office is available to the departments for counsel concerning financial matters and to act as a liaison to the University's office of Business and Financial Affairs. Day-to-day operations include overseeing financial transactions, analyzing financial statements and helping the Auxiliary Services department heads prepare financial reports.