Professional development just got easier with the help of our e-Learning System, hosted by Skillsoft. Building a Better U2 offers training courses to certification preparation, videos to jobs aids, and quick references to customized courses. There are over 2,800 FREE courses that include reference materials, simulations and over 43,000+ Books 24x7.
Our e-Learning System is accessed from the convenience of the computer and executed at a time and pace suitable for you. Building a Better U2 has courses covering professional development topics pertinent for everyone on campus. Building a Better U2 , available to all benefited employees, is a great tool for Faculty and Staff, providing access to the most up-to-date materials and a wide variety of published works.
Getting Started: How to access
- Log in clicking the system link found under Human Resources Helpful Links. For a detailed description of instructions go to our quick start guide.
- Click on the Catalog tab to browse courses. When browsing, highlight a folder and click on it to expand the selection topics.
- When you have the desired course highlighted, click on it for more details. On the details page, you will see three icons for quick action.
- The first icon is the Play button that will immediately launch the course.
- The second icon is the Add to MyPlan button that will then ask you for a goal and an optional due date if you would like to set one. By adding a course to your MyPlan, when you subsequently log in simply click on the MyPlan tab on the left side of the screen to access the course.
- The Job Aids/Skillbriefs button will immediately move the details page to the Job Aids and Skillbrief links. These links lead to quick reference materials without having to take the interactive class.
Learning Tracks are sets of courses grouped together to help improve skills and abilities in regards to the topic at hand. The Learning Track topics are very broad and are designed to improve a broad spectrum of job functions.
- Project Management
- Core Professional Development
There are numerous Professional Certification Preparation Courses offered in Building a Better U2. These courses ready the user to take professional certification exams. The Certification Programs include:
- Six Sigma
- American Society for Quality
- Information Systems Examination Board
- Projects in Controlled Environments (PRINCE2)
- The Project Management Institute
- Human Resource Certification Institute
Take advantage of these free preparation programs that usually cost hundreds of dollars!
Office of Human Resources
Training & Development Coordinator