English Language Institute Application
To apply, send these items:
Complete and print the paper application. Click here for English or en francais. If you are a US citizen or legal permanent resident, please complete this application.
- Application Fee
You can pay the $100 fee by check (drawn on a U.S bank of a U.S. Postal money order) that is made payable to Savannah State University or submit your payment online at Savannah State's Marketplace. If you want your Acceptance Packet (with your acceptance letter and I-20) sent to you via courier service (DHL, FedEx, UPS), please add a $50 shipping fee.
- Official Financial Document
This is only required for students who are seeking an F-1(student) visa to come and study in the United States. Legal permanent residents/US citizens do not need this.
This document must demonstrate that you or your guarantor have enough money to pay all of your educational and living expenses for at least one academic year. The amount must be more than US$18,589. To be acceptable, the financial document must:
- be printed on professional letterhead stationary or contain the bankâ€™s official stamp or seal,
- be signed in ink by a bank official,
- state the type of currency,
- state the specific amount that is currently in the account or specifically state the funds on deposit are â€œgreater than $__________ U.S. dollarsâ€
- be an original document. Photocopies, faxes and downloaded or scanned documents cannot be accepted. Note: You can also submit a notarized copy of a bank statement containing the above details
- be less than six months old
- If the funds are not in the studentâ€™s name, the guarantor must sign the statement on page 2 of the application.
- If your bank cannot provide a letter in English, the original letter must be submitted along with an official translation.
- Look at the Sample Financial Document to see what it should look like.
- Copy of your high school or univeristy transcript with graduation date
- Copy of your passport ID page
Send all documents to:English Language Institute
Savannah State University
3219 College St., Box 40032
Savannah, GA 31404 U.S.A.