Symptoms of a Compromised Computer
- Slow or non-responsive? Experiencing unexpected behavior?
- Running programs that you weren't expecting?
- Showing signs of high level of activity to the hard drive that is not the result of anything you initiated?
- Displaying messages on your screen that you haven't seen before?
- Running out of disk space unexpectedly?
- Unable to run a program because you don't have enough memory - and this hasn't happened before?
- Program constantly crashing?
- Rejecting a valid and correctly entered password?
- All e-mail sent from computer is refused (bounced back)?