The purpose of accounting is to provide relevant information to decision makers, managers, investors, creditors, labor unions, government regulators, and others interested in the financial well being and future of any entity of economic activity such as a business, government, charity, or an individual.
Student Accounting Association
The Student Accounting Association has the objective of exposing students to the various professions and opportunities available in the accounting field. It serves as an umbrella organization to include the student chapters of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), and the Georgia Society of CPAs (GSCPA). Students have the opportunity to become members of these professional organizations to enhance their knowledge and prepare them for their new professions. Additional benefits of student membership include the networking and mentoring opportunities that may arise due to the involvement of local professionals in the activities of the organization.
Here are several interesting links that may be useful for accountants Big 4 Accounting firms.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- Georgia Society of CPAs
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Other Accounting & Related Sites
Taxation Related Sites