Audition Dates and Requirements
Thank you for your interest in the Savannah State University Visual & Performing Arts Program. Auditions are held throughout the year on and off campus. To find out more about dates or if you are planning on visiting the University and would like to set up an audition, please contact Professor Toni Renee Johnson at email@example.com
Prospective students can also submit their audition online. Simply e-mail a link to your online audition to Prof. Toni Renee Johnson, (912) 358-3496 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Online auditions should contain clear video and audio and follow the audition guidelines.
Saturday, March 2019 (Open Campus Day)
Saturday, April 6, 2018 (Final video auditions)
***Financial award priority given to those who audition prior to April 1.
A. Position Demonstration held in stillness
- Grand plieé 2nd position, arms in 2nd
- Tendu ala seconde right and left
- Heel stretch right and left
- Straddle stretch on the floor, arms in 2nd
- Passé and attitude, arms in 3rd
B. Movement Demonstration
- One minute (1:00) piece including the following technical elements executed in ballet, jazz or modern style choreography: pirouette, chasse, attitude, floorwork.
- One minute (1:00) performance in your personal style of choice demonstrating your creativity, performance quality and your best work.