Organizations & Activities
Mass Communications majors may join the Mass Communications Student Association and the Savannah State University Chapter of the National Association of Black Journalists. Students may also work on the staffs of Tiger's Roar Newspaper, the Tiger's Roar Online Edition, WSSU Tiger's Roar TV, The Estuary, the university's literary magazine. Students have opportunities to volunteer at the university's 6000-watt educational radio station, WHCJ-FM 90.3. The university has more than 60 student organizations that are available for extra-curricular activities and opportunities, including sororities and fraternities.
The department also sponsors the annual Southern Regional Press Institute, a two-day mass media conference that provides training and career preparation for future media professionals.
- Mass Communications Student Association
- Savannah State University Association of Black Journalists
- Public Relations Student Society of America
Southern Regional Press Institute
- Southern Regional Press Institute: More information at http://www.ssusrpi.com/
- Sesso, magazine for long-form journalism
- Tiger's Roar Newspaper
- Tiger's Roar Online Edition: More information at http://www.tigersroar.com/
- WSSU Tiger's Roar-TV
- WSSU Radio, the student radio station