Peer tutors are provided free of charge for courses offered in the core curriculum and some specialized courses to all students of Savannah State University. Subject offerings include Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Accounting, and Business Statistics to name a few. Additional courses are added upon the needs of the campus, and requests from students and faculty. The tutoring center is open five days per week and four evenings per week. Tutors work with students individually and in small groups to provide quality academic support that meets the needs of students.
The Tutorial Center has two locations: Hubert A room 113 for general tutoring, and the College of Business Administration (COBA) room 214 for tutoring in COBA’s business courses. Please visit either location to make an appointment.
Main Office Location and HoursPhysical Location: Hubert A Room 113
P.O. Box 20428
Savannah, Georgia 31404
Regular Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Tutorial Services Guidelines
- No eating or drinking is allowed.
- Cell phones must be turned "off" or set to "vibrate" and all telephone conversations must be conducted outside the tutoring area.
- All students are required to check in to receive credit.
- All students should come prepared to work.
- All students using the tutorial services should abide by all rules and regulations.
Please review the Tutoring Schedule for subjects offered and time availability.