You can expect your advisor to:
- Provide consistent academic support to ensure your successful progression for the first two years.
- Assist you in understanding the benefits of higher education.
- Provide a safe haven for sharing your academic, personal thoughts, aspirations, concerns and interests.
- Listen to your concerns and respect your individual values and choices.
- Encourage you to communicate your specifics concerns or situation in a timely manner.
- Encourage and support your development of the skills necessary to attain your educational plans.
- Effectively explain and communicate university policies and procedures.
- Provide information, referrals and strategies for using university resources and services.
- Assist you in making major decisions that focus on your academic grid and course selection.
- Be accessible via phone, email and by appointment and respond in a timely manner.
- Monitor and accurately document your progress.
- Maintain confidentiality pursuant to FERPA.
- To offer you the opportunity to participate in a mentoring relationship which will help you to become more independent and self-directed.