To make the most of your advising experience, you will be expected to:
- Schedule, keep and be on time for your appointment.
- Come to appointments prepared to discuss and review your academic plans and objectives.
- Notify your advisor of any changes in your academic plans (for example: pending transfer credit, credit by exam, summer school plans, change of major, etc.).
- Follow through on the actions identified during each advising visit.
- Be open, honest and willing to consider other perspectives.
- Accept responsibility for your decisions and actions.
- Be an active learner by participating fully in advising experience.
- Be familiar with the academic calendar and catalog, and be aware of deadline dates.
- Regularly check campus e-mail for correspondence from advisor and reply as needed.
- Ask questions and seek help when needed.