Transient Tigers are students enrolled at other universities who apply for temporary enrollment at Savannah State University. The student must be in good academic standing at his/her "home" institution and have permission from his/her university's registrar's office to take courses at Savannah State University. The student receives advisement from his/her "home" institution. A transient student is expected to return to the institution in which he/she was previously enrolled.
As a Transient applicant you must submit the following:
- A complete Application for Admission online for free at GAFutures.org.
- A complete Certificate of Immunization is required for all Transient applicants. This form needs to be submitted to:
Office of the Registrar
or you may email your immunization to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verification of Lawful Presence
In accordance with Board of Regents Policy 4.3.4, all applicants who are accepted for admission to Savannah State University and who seek to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes, will be required to provide validation of residency and lawful presence in both the State of Georgia and the United States. Acceptance to Savannah State University may be delayed until lawful presence is verified.
You will be required to submit one of the following documents to the Office of the Registrar:
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate (no photocopies)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
- Current U.S. Passport
- GA Driver's License (issued after 1/1/2008) Optional: Take a snapshot of your GA Driver's License using cellular phone, email to email@example.com. Please do not fax in your driver's license.
- GA ID Card (issued after 1/1/2008)
- U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issue by Dept. of State (DS-1350)
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570)
- Submit an Official Letter of Good Standing or Transient Permission Form from the appropriate academic official at your home institution granting permission to enroll at Savannah State University for the term of application. Official statement must come on letterhead in a sealed envelope or may be faxed or emailed directly from the home institution. Please note that because you have no academic history in our system, you may encounter a pre-requisite error when trying to register. Please have your Advisor or Registrar to indicate in your permission form whether or not you have completed the pre-requisite for the course you wish to take at Savannah State University.
- Check your admission status here.