Savannah State University is approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). SSU can provide training for veterans, dependents, and reservists under Title 38, U.S. Code for the following VA Educational Benefits:
- VEAP (Chapter 32)
- Active Duty Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 30)
- Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1606)
- Survivors and Dependents (Chapter 35)
- Chapter 1607 REAP Provides Educational Assistance to U.S. Armed Forces Reserve
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
- New Post 911 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
VA Educational Benefits:
Road Map to Success:
Advance Pay: Savannah State Office of Veteran Affairs does not process VA Advance Pay.
Veteran Students' Responsibilities:
Veteran students at Savannah State have ongoing responsibilities to the VA. The Savannah State VA Coordinator
closely monitors each student's enrollment status and academic program.
The student's entitlement is based upon the number of credit hours for which they are enrolled.
In assisting the VA Coordinator, veteran students at Savannah State must do the following:
- Savannah State VA Veteran Student Advisement form completed by academic advisor and returned to the VA Coordinator with a copy of a Schedule and Bill from PAWS.
- Notify the SSU VA Coordinator if you:
- Change degree program
- Change schedule / ADD or DROP
- Withdraw completely
- Change address
- Provide a certificate of eligibility
- Complete a VA checklist form available in the office of the Registrar
Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607 Monthly Verification:
All students receiving Chapter 30, 1606 or 1607 benefits must verify their monthly enrollment on the last day of each month or after. The benefit (monetary award) will not be released by the VA until this is done. Enrollment verification can be accomplished by using the VA toll-free telephone number 1.877.823.237.
Additional Veteran Resources:
- United States Marines Corp,listing us as “Accredited Online - Reference Information for Accredited Online Degrees”
- United States Coast Guard,listing us as “Accredited Online Colleges Directory”
- State of Delaware,listing us as:
- https://www.delaware.gov/vsd/veteranProfile.php?aid=48 or
- National Resource Directory, listing us as “Continuing Education Resources for Veterans”:
Addtional resources for veterans:
Here are some specific pages on our site that would be of greatest interest.