Savannah State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate, baccalaureate and masters degrees.
For questions about the accreditation of Savannah State University please contact
The Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30099-4097
Phone: (404) 679-4501
Savannah State University has also earned the following specialized accreditations:
- Bachelor of Social Work and Master of Social Work by the Council on Social Work Education
- Chemistry - by the American Chemical Society
- Civil Engineering Technology by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
- College of Business Administration by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International
- Electronics Engineering Technology by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology and by the National Association of Radio and Telecommunications Engineers, Inc.
- Mass Communications - by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC)
- Master of Public Administration - by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration