2015 Urban Planning Conference
Provost Verret gave his remark in the 2013 Urban Planning Conference
The Organizing Committee for the 2015 Urban Planning Conference seeks nominations for awards in Planning Excellence to be presented at the 2015 Savannah State University Urban Planning Conference. This year’s theme is “Planning to Thrive: Collaboration, Adaptation, and Implementation.” The conference will address innovation in planning, practical approaches, and lessons-learned in facilitating thriving communities.
We ask your assistance in identifying exemplary projects and people for consideration of this award. The 2015 Urban Planning Award is given in recognition of outstanding work that exemplifies some (or all) aspects of this year’s conference themes:
- Collaboration: Examples may include: community visioning and planning activities, diverse community engagement involving a wide cross-section of interests, task-forces and advisory groups working together.
- Adaptation: Examples may embrace innovation in adaptation of plans, projects, sites and buildings to meet the needs of a changing community and world – maximizing resources, using new tools or technologies, or adapting existing tools.
- Implementation: Examples may include successful projects that have faced or overcome significant challenges to implementation. Planning to thrive requires implementable projects and proposals, or new/novel approaches to implementation.
Nomination and Eligibility
Nominations will be sought from a wide range of Savannah, Chatham County and coastal Georgia and state organizations. We strongly encourage a wide range of nominations, including public and private planning, design, architectural, and preservation projects.The award selection committee will review nominating information provided and collect additional information.The award selection committee is made up of seven members including two members of the conference organizing committee and five members of the broader community.
- Architectural/engineering/planning firms or organizations
- Non profits
- For-profits (construction, development, etc.)
- State, county, and municipal departments/agencies/offices
- Educational institutions
- Individuals from any of the above
To nominate an individual or organization for either of these awards, please complete the nomination form and return it to the Urban Planning Conference Awards Selection Committee via email or fax by COB, February 16, 2015. Email nominations to: Dr. Daniel Piatkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or Anne Roise at email@example.com. Applications can also be faxed to 912.358.8050. Please note “Award Nomination” in subject line or cover page.