Types of Aid
Most students are eligible for some type of financial aid regardless of family financial circumstances. Basically, to be eligible for aid, students must:
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a Renewal FAFSA designating Savannah State University (school code 001590) to receive FAFSA results.
- Be a United States citizen or an eligible noncitizen.
- Be registered with Selective Service (males, 18 years or older only)
- Be admitted to or enrolled in an eligible degree program.
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by the Savannah State University Office of Financial Aid.
- Not owe a refund on a student grant or be in default on a student loan.
The type of aid we offer is in the form of: