Parking & Transportation
On behalf of Auxiliary Services
· Saturday, April 6 – There will be no parking on the Alexis Circle from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. If your vehicle is parked on the Circle after 8:30 a.m., you will not be able to move it until 3:00 p.m. (In case of an emergency where you may need to move your car in between those times, please contact SSU Public Safety at 912-358-3004.) South Tompkins from Tiger Arena to the Circle will be blocked off between 9:55 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. during the “Tiger Stroll”. Shuttle service will be available from 9:00 – 3:00 for those preferring not to walk, but will also be transporting community visitors between the academic circle and Hill Hall. Individuals with handicap identification may drop persons off at the Hill Hall parking lot, and park their cars in the Colston parking lot.
· Sunday, April 7 – Parking will not be available in the Student Union parking lot from midnight until 6:00 p.m.
· Thursday, April 11 – Parking will not be available in the parking lot behind the Document Center from midnight until 6:00 p.m.
· Friday, April 12 – Beginning midnight the morning of April 12, no parking will be available in the Student Union parking lot, either of the Tiger Arena lots, or the lots near Jordan, Whiting, Kennedy, or the Social Sciences Building, until 3:00 p.m. Faculty and staff who normally park in these parking lots will need to park in the Hubert lot, the lot near Drew Griffith (formerly the tennis courts), the Diner lot, or the Payne Hall lot. Please note that we will have many visitors to campus that day, so we will not be enforcing parking in reserved spaces.
· Wednesday, April 17 – The University System of Georgia Board of Regents will be holding its monthly meeting on campus on April 17. The Student Union and Social Sciences Building parking lots will be reserved for the meeting attendees, so these lots will not be available for general or reserved parking. Because the general public is also invited to this meeting, there may be a need for additional parking throughout the campus. Therefore, we will not be enforcing parking in reserved spaces that day.
· Friday, April 12 – At the Food Court in the Student Union, Starbucks and Marshside Express will open at their regular times. All other Food Court venues will open up after the investiture ceremony. For an hour and a half after the ceremony, all dining venues on campus except for Starbucks and the Tiger Express Diner, will be serving the same menu: fried fish, chicken and sausage gumbo with rice, baked beans, potato salad, and roasted corn. In the Student Union, beverages available will be water, tea, and lemonade. Regular menus will be available at the Food Court after the hour and a half is over.