Savannah State University students have an array of scholarship opportunities available to them for many majors, degrees, and class levels. Please note that if verification of enrollment is required to apply for a scholarship, the student must obtain that information from the Registrar's Office.
Internal scholarship information can be found in several offices on campus. The Division of University Advancement, Financial Aid, and Financial Literacy departments work diligently to seek and provide awareness of scholarship opportunities for our students.
External scholarships are awarded by outside companies and organizations. Competition for these funds vary on the local, state, and national levels. Excellent sources to search for external scholarship opportunities are listed below for your convenience.
Scholarship Posting Requirements
- To request scholarship postings from an internal scholarship account, please submit the Scholarship Posting Request.
- To request an account statement, please submit the Scholarship Account Statement Request Form.
External RequestWhen forwarding scholarship funds to our office, please ensure the following are included:
- Student's full name & ID number
- Term the funds should be applied *
- Purpose of award
- How to handle excess funds
*Please be advised that scholarship funds will be posted to the current term balance, unless a term is specified. If a current term balance does not exist, the award will be split between semesters.
Scholarship Award Letters To Secure Classes
Written documentation is required to secure a student's classes from being dropped for non-payment. Our office must have an award letter from your organization on file in order for the classes to be secured. The award letter must be on your organization's letterhead, and include the original signature of an authorized official to obligate payment by the company/organization.
Award letters must be submitted via one of the following methods, at least two weeks prior to the advertised payment deadline:
– E-mail: email@example.com
– 3rd Party Awards & Scholarship Line at the Cashier's Office window
– 3rd Party Awards & Scholarship Drop-box on the right side of the Cashier's Office window– Mail
This award letter must:
- Indicate your full legal name and student ID number.
- Itemize the type of charges that the organization will be responsible for covering on your account. (Example: tuition, housing, mandatory fees, books, etc.) The most up-to-date fee information can be found on our Tuition and Fees page.
- Stipulate the exact term for which the organization will pay your charges.
- Indicate the name, billing address, phone number, and email of the contact person at the organization that is responsible for payment.
Please send all scholarships related information to the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address, via fax at (912) 358-4593, or mail at the below address:
Savannah State University
3219 College St.
Savannah, GA 31404