SSU Staff Council
The purpose of the Savannah State University Council is to participate in the process of University governance by acting in an advisory capacity to the President about issues that affect and concern SSU staff as well as the general welfare of the University. The Council strives to be a voice in decision making, promote the development and recognition of staff and supports the mission of Savannah State University.
Staff Council is a collective voice for those who work in non-faculty employee roles. We support a variety of activities and initiatives to improve the quality of life and effectiveness of the university’s dedicated and valuable staff. The Council has set the following goals:
- Facilitate opportunities for staff to give back to the local community through service.
- Promote an atmosphere where staff invest in themselves by increasing their knowledge, improving their work experience and quality of life.
- Increase collaboration and communication between faculty, staff and administration.
- Enhance camaraderie of staff through social and professional development events.
- Increase awareness and function of Staff Council to the campus community