Orientation is designed to make your transition into college one that is simple and successful. It's time to get started on your journey to becoming part of the Tiger family.
New Tiger - Enrollment Check List
ALL ITEMS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED NEW ORIENTATION REGISTRATION
- Accept you offer of admission through the PAWS account
- Acceptance must be made 60 days from receipt of acceptance to SSU
- Submit a copy of your state-issued ID
- Submit final high school transcripts before AUGUST 1ST. 2015
- All transfer and veterans students must submit all previous colleges and military transcripts PRIOR TO THE NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION OF YOUR SEMESTER OF ENTRY
2. Activate PAWS Account
- Enter SSU Student ID - ("915" Number)
- Enter PIN
- First time user? Your PIN is your birth date in MMDDYY format, example: 102869 (for Oct 28th, 1969).
- Once logged in for the first time, you will be required to change your pin to something other than your DOB.
3. New Student Orientation Registration
Summer, New Student Orientation/Tiger Enrollment Session:
Fall, New Student Orientation/Tiger Enrollment Sessions:
June 6, 12, 19 and 26
July 11, 17 18 and 25
Download the New Tiger Checklist
Phone: 912 358 4338
4. Financial Aid
- COMPLETE the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- View the status of your financial aid by checking your PAWS account
- (Call Financial Aid to speak with your counselor regarding your aid award)
- If selected for verification, submit appropriate documents to the SSU Financial Aid Office immediately.
- Submit your online Housing Application and through the Office of Residential Life.
- Pay Housing Reservation Fee ($50); this fee can also be applied to your student