Online Learning Admissions
You will need to apply and be accepted to SSU before you can register for SSU Online courses. Here you will find a step-by-step guide that will help you with the application.
- Browse the list of online courses at SSU.
Carefully consider the specific information provided about programs of interest. If you are interested in individual courses and not a degree program, simply apply as a non-degree student.
- Visit the Office of Admissions website.
From there, you can find specific information about how to apply as a(n):
- Review these helpful hints for completing SSU's online admissions application.
- Complete your application online using the online Undergraduate or Graduate application portals.
- Check your application status.
To ensure that the Office of Admissions has received all necessary information and documents, log on to the Undergraduate or Graduate application status page.
- Receive your admissions letter.
Once your application has been processed, the Office of Admissions will notify you with your admissions decision.
- Confirm your intent to enroll.
For Undergraduate students, this is done by submitting your enrollment deposit and following the instructions included in your admissions package. Graduate students should follow the instructions in your admissions letter from your College or School.
- Request evaluation of transfer credits.
If you are a transfer student, review the Office of Admissions guide for undergraduate level transfer credit information. For graduate level credit information, please contact your College or School.
- Register for classes.
For instructions, refer to the Register for Classes page.
- Pay tuition.
Check PAWS for your balance due. Make payments through PAWS or at the Cashier's Office by the listed due date.
- Fully online program tuition rates are listed on the individual program profiles. There is a technology fee and an institutional fee charged for online courses. You will find a listing of tuition rates and fees on the Student Accounts Office page.
- Be sure to make note of add/drop and tuition liability deadlines.
Please pay attention to the add/drop deadlines and tuition liability deadlines posted by the Students Accounts Office.