What to Give
In addition to knowing how you would like to give to SSU, it's important to know what you would like to give. Whether you choose to support SSU now, in the future, or both, the options are as unique as you are.
Learn more about what to give
- Credit/Debit Card: Make a gift safely and securely online today.
- Check: Please make the check payable to Savannah State University and note the name of the fund in the Memo section. Mail to: Savannah State University, Division of University Advancement, Box 20439, Savannah, GA 31404.
- Payroll Deduction: Available only to SSU faculty and staff. Learn more.
Making a securities gift is easy and has important benefits for both you and SSU.
- You get an income tax deduction based on the value of the securities at the time you make the gift.
- You avoid capital gains tax on the appreciated value of the securities.
- The University can immediately use the proceeds for the purpose you specify or for general support of essential initiatives.
Valuation: The value of your securities gift will be the average of the high and the low trading prices on the official date of your gift. The date of gift is the day the University assumes ownership of the security.
To learn more about the different types of gifts you can give to SSU, please contact Phillip Cole, Director of Development today.