Electronics Engineering Technology
Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. The electronics engineering technology curriculum provides instruction in the fundamentals of modern electronics theory, with emphasis on the application of theoretical principles to actual electronic devices, circuits and systems. Graduates of the electronics engineering technology program are prepared to function in these positions:
Research and Development Technologist - engages in the development, building and testing of new equipment in the areas of digital electronics, communication electronics and microelectronics.
Process Control Technologist - supervises the operation of automatic control equipment for industrial processes.
Field Engineering Specialist - installs, tests, and maintains equipment such as data processing machines and other electronic systems.
High Frequency Technologist - maintains and/or operates radar, sonar, and other warning detection and navigation devices.
EET Expected Student Outcomes:The EET program must demonstrate that the graduates have
- an appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of their disciplines
- an ability to apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology
- an ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments, and apply experimental results to improve processes
- an ability to apply creativity in the design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to program objectives
- an ability to function effectively on teams
- an ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems
- an ability to communicate effectively
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning
- an ability to understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities
- a respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal and global issues
- a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement
Electronics Engineering Technology Graduation Grid (used by graduating students)
Electronics Engineering Technology (Comp. Option) Graduation Grid (used by graduating students)