Anshu Saxena Arora, PhD, PMP
Anshu Saxena Arora, PhD, PMP
Associate Professor of Marketing
Director, G-LIBER Center of Excellence
Editor, International Marketing and Management Research Series [Palgrave, US, UK and Australia]
Tel: 912 358-3387
Fax: 912 358-3888
Anshu Arora is the Director of ‘Global Logistics and International Business Education Research (G-LIBER)’ Center of Excellence and Associate Professor of Marketing in the College of Business Administration, Savannah State University, Savannah, Georgia. She is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI), USA and holds a Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management from Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB), UK. Dr. Arora has been a Visiting Professor at the University of California, Davis and Thunderbird School of Global Management, Glendale, Arizona. She was awarded Ph.D. in the area of Hypermedia CMEs from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India. Dr. Arora is the winner of Advertising Educational Foundation (AEF) faculty internship - Visiting Professor Program (VPP) 2010 in New York City. Dr. Arora has more than a decade of industrial and academic experience.
Ph.D. (Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India) 2004
PhD Research: CONSUMER NAVIGATION BEHAVIOUR IN HYPERMEDIA COMPUTER MEDIATED ENVIRONMENTS IN THE INDIAN CONTEXT
Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, Information Systems Examinations Board (ISEB), UK, 2006
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, Project Management Institute (PMI), USA, 2005
MBA (Marketing) 1998
Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and Telecommunications) 1996
Arora, Anshu Saxena, Amit Arora, and Shailendra Palvia (2013), Social Media Index Valuation through Social Media Performance Measurement Scorecard: Impact of Economic, Social, Technological and Ethical Dimensions, Journal of Promotion Management, forthcoming.
Brown III, U. J., Anshu Saxena Arora & Amit Arora (2013), “Look once, look twice - does the ad meaning change when you look again? Measuring the effects of advertising polysemy on branding”, Book Chapter, Cultural and Technological Influences on Global Business, Eds. Bryan Christiansen, Nigel Williams, and Ekaterina Turkina, IGI Global, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA.
Arora, Anshu S., Reginald Leseane and Michael Raisinghani (2013), “Learning and Teaching Styles for Teaching Effectiveness: An Empirical Analysis”, Book Chapter, Web-Based and Blended Educational Tools and Innovations, Nikos Karacapilidis, Mahesh S. Raisinghani, and Eugenia Ng (Eds.), Information Science Reference, 2013.
Arora, Anshu Saxena, and Jun Wu (2012), Measuring Customized Communication Incongruity (CCI) through the Activation of African-American Stereotypes: Investigating CCI’s Effects on Advertising and Branding, accepted for publication in the Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness, North American Business Press, 6(5), 2012.
Arora, Anshu Saxena, and Ulysses J. Brown III (2012). Hard-Sell and Soft-Sell Advertising Appeals with a ‘Polysemic’ Difference: A Purposeful Advertising Polysemy Perspective, Advertising & Society Review, 13 (2), http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/advertising_and_society_review/v013/13.2.arora.html.
Arora, Anshu Saxena (2012). The ‘Organization’ as an Interdisciplinary Learning Zone: Using a Strategic Game to Integrate Learning about Supply Chain Management and Advertising, The Learning Organization, 19(2), 2012, pp.121 - 133.
Arora, Anshu Saxena, and Michael Raisinghani (2011). EDITORIAL PREFACE - Globalization, Education and the Knowledge Economy: Changing International Perspectives on Learning and Technology, International Journal of Web-Based Learning and Teaching Technologies, 6(3), pp. i-iv, July-September 2011.
Associate Professor (Marketing), Savannah State University, Savannah, Georgia, USA (At Present)
Assistant Professor (Marketing), Savannah State University, Savannah, Georgia, USA (Fall 2008 – April 2013)
Visiting Professor (Marketing Analytics), University of California, Davis, California, USA
Visiting Professor, Thunderbird School of Global Management, Glendale, Arizona (Summer 2007)
Visiting Professor, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Tokyo, Japan (Fall 2004)
Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, India (Fall 2003 – Spring 2008)
Research Scholar, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India (2000 – 2003)
Advertising and Promotion Management
Global Electronic Business
Principles of Marketing
Information Systems for Managers
Information Technology Project Management
Information Technology Applications in Management
Academic - College of Business Administration, Director, Global Logistics & International Business Education and Research (G-LIBER) Center of Excellence, Savannah State University (Feb 2011 – Present)
Officer – Marketing, Hyundai Motors, New Deli, India
Management Trainee, Lufthansa German Airlines
Management Trainee, Siemens India
Management Trainee, Global Trust Bank, Delhi, India
- PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR for the Project titled: ENHANCING THE GLOBAL LOGISTICS AND INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS EDUCATION RESEARCH (G-LIBER) CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
- TITLE III GRANT from the US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION for $ 84, 662 (Effective October 1, 2012 to September 30, 2013)
- TITLE III GRANT from the US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION for $ 57,000 (Effective October 1, 2011 to September 30, 2012)
- ADVERTISING GRANT from ADVERTISING EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION (AEF)
- WINNER of AEF’s Visiting Professor Program (VPP) 2010 – Worked in Young and Rubicam (Y&R) advertising agency, New York under AEF Grant during July 12 to July 23, 2010, New York City
- NATIONAL COLLEGIATE INVENTORS AND INNOVATORS ALLIANCE (NCIIA Grant #: 6739-09) for $24,000.00; Attached to the grant as a ‘Teaching and Research Collaborator’ – September 1, 2009 – August 31, 2011
- Renewable Energy and Entrepreneurship Partnerships (REEP) – A grant in collaboration between two colleges – College of Business Administration and College of Science and Technology, Savannah State University, Savannah, Georgia
- 2013 Certificate of Appreciation at the Faculty Senate, Savannah State University; 2011 – 2012 Certificate of Appreciation at the College of Business Administration, Savannah State University - Awarded by the Office of Provost, Savannah State University
- Leader of Indian Delegation, Japan South Asia Youth Forum – 2004 (September 24 to October 5, 2004): Promoting exchange between Japan and South Asia on issues of international relations, security, and society; economy and information technology; and religion, arts and culture
- Nomination for Best Ph. D. thesis - Annual Emerald Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards in the field of Internet Technology and Marketing
Service (Reviewer and Editorial Responsibilities)
- NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION (NSF) Reviewer for SBIR Phase I and II Panels -- The fundamental mission of NSF is to promote discoveries and to advance education across the frontiers of knowledge in science and engineering. Consistent with that mission, NSF encourages and supports a wide range of proposals from the research and education community and also from the private small business sector.
- 2011-2012 Special Issue Editor and Editorial Review Board (ERB) Member, International Journal of Web Based Learning and Teaching Technologies, IGI-Global, 2008.
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Systems and Software Engineering, Specialization Area - IT-based Systems Engineering
- International Editorial Review Board (ERB) Member, International Journal of Online Pedagogy and Course Design, IGI-Global
- Editorial Review Board (ERB) Member, International Journal of Web Based Learning and Teaching Technologies, IGI-Global
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of Promotion Management, Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, The Learning Organization Journal, Computer Society Journal; IEEE Transactions on Education; and IEEE Transactions on Multimedia.
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, American Marketing Association Summer Educators’ Conference 2013, 2012; Academy of International Business Conference 2013, 2012; Marketing and Public Policy Conference 2013; Decision Sciences Institute Conference 2013, 2012