Mission & Vision
The College of Business Administration at Savannah State University is dedicated to delivering quality undergraduate and graduate business programs to a diverse student population. Through innovative instruction, mentoring, applied research, and community involvement, the College develops business graduates who compete effectively in the public and private sectors.
Building on the rich history of Savannah State University, the College of Business Administration will be a premier, student-centered college in our region, where students can maximize their options and fulfill their potential in an environment that embraces diversity. The College will create an efficient, service‑oriented culture that is responsive to the needs of students, faculty, staff, alumni and the community.
The following "Guiding Values" were formulated as part of COBA's strategic planning process and adopted by COBA faculty members:
- High Expectations. We believe that students' academic performance rises with high faculty expectations and mentoring.
- Service Learning. We believe that applied experiences enhance student learning and personal growth.
- Ethical Awareness. We believe that integration and reinforcement of ethical and leadership values are essential throughout the students' COBA experience.
- Professional Development. We believe that mastery of business, communication, and interpersonal skills is critical to developing professional and successful students.
- Key Advantages. We believe that access to faculty, technology, innovation, and small class size are key advantages COBA provides to enhance the student learning experience through instructional excellence.
- Diversity. We believe that the college's increasingly diverse learning environment is beneficial to the future of our students.