Transient Letter Check list
- Verify that the attending college/university is accredited (SACS, NEASC, NCACS, etc).
- Verify that all deadlines and that the course is being offered that semester.
- Verify that the course is comparable to SSU. Students can visit georgiaonmyline.org to see what comparable courses other universities are offering.
- Make sure course descriptions are provided for both the SSU course and the attending university.
- If the course is non-business and a different SSU course number, submit transient letter and course descriptions to the appropriate department head to sign off on the course description page.
- Justification for taking the course at another university is provided (1 paragraph).
- Attach and email the transient letter and justification to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks ahead of time for processing.
- Attach and email the transient letter and justification to email@example.com at least two weeks ahead of time for processing.
YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO TAKE A MAXIMUM OF 3 COURSES IN YOUR AREA OF SPECIALIZATION AS TRANSIENT
Please note: Students are not permitted to apply for transient status during their last semester.
Remember to have your grade sent back to SSU Registrar to be posted on your PAWS Transcript