Labs & Facilities
In addition to numerous classrooms and offices, Liberal Arts facilities include:
- Kennedy Auditorium, where many performing arts events take place
- Payne 111, a student-use computer lab
- Payne 201, the SSU Writing Center
- Payne 209, a computer lab dedicated to instructional use
- Ceramics and sculpture studio, dark room, and printmaking studio
- A state-of-the-art 30-station Kawai digital piano lab
- Dance studios in Wiley-Wilcox
- A state-of-the-art Black Box Theatre in Wiley-Wilcox
- A pool in Wiley-Wilcox Gym
Liberal Arts’ main departmental office, along with many of its faculty offices and classrooms, can be found in Payne Hall. Just off the main campus circle, Payne Hall is named after William K Payne, the fifth president of Savannah State.
Other buildings that house the Department of Liberal Arts include Tiger Arena, with offices and classrooms; Kennedy Fine Arts, with offices, studios and classrooms for fine arts students, and Wiley-Wilcox complex with a pool, Black Box Theatre, and a dance studio.