Faculty Request for Proctored Tests
The Testing Center at Savannah State University works collaboratively with faculty in providing professional test proctoring services to students enrolled in fully online courses. The use of proctoring services is to ensure the integrity and security of the exam in a secure environment. Savannah State University is a member of the National College Testing Consortium and the Georgia College Testing Association and adheres to its professional standards. Faculty and students utilizing the Testing Center must review and adhere to the SSU Test Center Rules and those academic policies governed by the Univeristy. The Testing Center does not proctor tests to students enrolled in traditional, face-to-face class of any form.
SSU Faculty who wish to utilize SSU Testing Center proctoring services must register and enroll in the Online Professor Portal. This portal must be used by SSU faculty teaching fully online courses only and require proctored exams. This online system is used to submit pertinent information and materials for a successful test session: class number/title, class roster, testing windows/deadlines, prohibited and allowed items, maximum time allowed, specific test instructions, etc. Therefore, it is important that all information for test proctoring is gathered and submitted in a timely manner. Once all information is received, the Testing Center will update information in the online student registration system for test registration by students.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All pertinent information must be submitted in the online Professor Portal as per the chart below. The testing window should be set firm to prevent confusion and unecessary test scheduling.
FULLY ONLINE COURSE
PORTAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE
(No Later Than)
First week of course/or semester
Full Semester (15-week)
First 1-2 weeks of course/or semester
SSU FACULTY PROCTOR REQUEST
Utilizing the Professor Portal will allow faculty to make necessary updates, revisions and test submissions for all future tests. It will also provide a list of students who have registered for the course.This feature will be helpful in communicating to students the need to register for tests in a timely manner to meet appropriate deadlines. For more information, please review the Faculty Frequently Asked Questions document.
SUBMISSION OF TEST INFORMATION IS EASY--choose one of the options below.
Use the link below if you are new to the Professor Portal set-up. First-time faculty will set up a username and passcode to use each semester and throughout the semster as needed.
Once a faculty member receives confirmation of professor portal set-up, the same log-in information will be used to log into the "Returning Faculty" portal. DO NOT use the New Faculty Portal after initial set-up.
- Use the link below only if you are returning to the Professor Portal to update/or add additional tests, testing windows, and other relevant test information. This portal should be used each time after initial set-up. DO NOT USE the New Faculty Enrolment Portal or create a new log in if you have done so already. Click forgot password to reset your login.
NEW FACULTY ONLY - ENROLL TODAY (Never Logged In?): Professor Portal for New Faculty
RETURNING FACULTY (Already Have Log in?): Professor Portal for Returning Faculty ONLY
KEY INFORMATION FOR FACULTY
We depend on faculty to help us with a smooth testing process from start to finish. Therefore, we ask that faculty utilize the
Faculty Checklist for Proctored Tests and provide the following:
- Timely Submission of the Faculty Request for Test Proctoring
- Detailed Instructions for Test Administration and/or Delivery
- Complete Course Roster for Each Online Course
- Request for Special Accommodations (as needed) through the Office of Disability Services (2-3 weeks in advance of test)
- Completed Course Syllabus (includes. test dates, deadlines to register, guidelines for all tests, etc.)
- Effective Communication to Students about
- Course Requirements/Expectations and Testing Information (dates, rules, format, allowed material, etc)
- Test Registration
- Students must use the online test registration system: www.registerblast.com/ssu.
- Students must register for all test sessions as early as possible within the first weeks of classes